During the period 27 – 28 September 2012, the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) carried out an audit of Transocean Offshore Ltd’s (Transocean’s) management system for following up working environment conditions on the company’s mobile facilities.
The objective of the audit activity was to ensure that Transocean has implemented adequate management systems that satisfy regulatory requirements for follow-up of working environment conditions on the company’s mobile facilities.
Nonconformities were identified in relation to:
- Working environment conditions
- Categorisation and non-conformance procedure
- Working environment expertise
- Working environment committee
Furthermore, improvement items were identified in relation to:
- Mapping of working environment conditions
- Working environment area chart (WEAC)
Press Release, October 21, 2012