SBM Offshore announced today that the semi-submersible drilling rig “Delba III” has been delivered and handed over to its client Delba Drilling International Coöperative U.A. offshore Abu Dhabi on 30 September 2011. The rig is the last of the series of three semi-submersible drilling rigs which the Company contracted to supply to Brazilian clients.
Delba III is a dynamically positioned semi submersible drilling unit of the TDS 2500 design. The rig can operate in water depths up to 2,400 metres and is capable of drilling up 10,000 metres below the seabed.
The Dutch public company SBM Offshore N.V. is the holding company of a group of international, marine echnology orientated companies. Its business is to serve on a global basis the offshore oil and gas industry by supplying engineered products, vessels and systems, and offshore oil and gas production services.
The product line comprises:
• Offshore import/export terminals for crude oil, refined products, LPG and LNG, mostly based on the single point mooring principle, Floating Production and/or Storage and Offloading systems (FSOs and FPSOs) and other floating production facilities based on ship hulls, semi-submersibles and Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs);
• Offshore oil and gas production services through the leasing of integrated production and storage facilities owned and operated by the Company;
• Design, construction and supply of semi-submersible drilling platforms;
• Special designs and engineering services and delivery of specific hardware components for dynamically positioned drillships, semi-submersible drilling platforms, jack-up drilling platforms, jack-up platforms for civil construction, large capacity offshore cranes, elevating and lifting systems, crane vessels and other specialised work vessels;
• Offshore construction and installation contracting services.
Source:SBM Offshore, October 4, 2011