Aker BP gets drilling permits for two North Sea wells

Maersk InterceptorMaersk Interceptor. Source: Flickr/Maersk Drilling

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Aker BP drilling permits for two wells located in the North Sea offshore Norway.

The NPD said on Friday it had granted Aker BP a drilling permit for well 2/11-12 S and another one for well 2/11-12 A.

Both wells are located in production license 033 where Aker BP is the operator with an ownership interest of 90 per cent and its partner is Pandion Energy with the remaining 10 per cent interest.

Both wells will be drilled using the Maersk Interceptor jack-up drilling rig.

The drilling program for well 2/11-12 S relates to the drilling of an appraisal well about 12 kilometers south of the Valhall field. This will be the 11th well to be drilled in the license.

The 2/11-12 S well is located on the Hod field which is in the far south of the northern section of the North Sea.

Aker BP has already received consent from the Norwegian offshore safety body, the Petroleum Safety Authority (PSA), to drill the  2/11-12 S appraisal well using the Maersk Interceptor drilling rig.

The drilling program for well 2/11-12 A relates to the drilling of a wildcat well. This will be the 12th well to be drilled in the license.

Share this article

Follow Offshore Energy Today

Events>

<< Mar 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
25 26 27 28 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

16th MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL OIL AND GAS EXHIBITION

The Moscow International Oil & Gas Exhibition display products like oil and gas products, oil and gas services…

read more >

Beijing International Offshore Oil & Gas Exhibition (ciooe) 2019

Beijing International Offshore Oil & Gas Exhibition (ciooe), is a regular gathering in oil & gas industry…

read more >

Lebanon International Oil & Gas Summit 2019

LIOG 2019 will delve further into the opportunities that are present in Lebanon’s energy sector…

read more >

Atyrau Oil & Gas 2019

The event program is dedicated to the most topical issues of search, exploration, development of hydrocarbons…

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply