Australia-based Advent Energy has begun a 2D seismic survey over the PEP 11 exploration permit offshore New South Wales, Australia.
The PEP 11 is an exploration permit prospective for natural gas located in the Offshore Sydney Basin.
Advent Energy, an investee of MEC Resources, holds an 85% interest in PEP 11 through a subsidiary Asset Energy. Bounty Oil & Gas NL holds the remaining 15% interest in the license.
MEC Resources said that the survey acquisition over the license started on Monday, April 16, following a short delay due to unfavorable sea state conditions.
The mobilization for the survey, which will be done over the Baleen prospect in PEP 11, began in late March. The survey is anticipated to take approximately 3-4 days using Pacific Marine Group’s PMG Pride vessel.
The survey’s location will be predominantly 30 kilometers southeast of Newcastle, Australia. A tie-line to the New Seaclem-1 exploration well site, approximately 50 kilometers northeast of the main survey area, will also be undertaken for geological calibration of survey data.
The company added that the 2D seismic survey would cover approximately 200 line kilometers. The survey is part of an environment plan accepted by the National Offshore Petroleum Safety and Environmental Management Authority (NOPSEMA) of Australia.
According to MEC Resources, this activity is designed to satisfy the Year 2 work commitment for PEP 11.