Four crew members who went missing following an explosion on the Cidade de Sao Mateus FPSO in Brazil on Wednesday last week, are yet to be found.
BW Offshore, the Norway-based owner of the FPSO, this morning said that the search & rescue operation for the four missing Brazilians is still ongoing.
To remind, the accident occurred on the Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading vessel operating for Petrobras in the Espirito Santo basin, offshore Vitoria, Brazil. Five people died, and the total number of injured in the accident was 26.
During the BW Offshore’s quarterly results presentation this morning, Knut R. Sæthre, the company’s CFO, has said that Carl K. Arnet, CEO, is in Brazil where he has met with families of the deceased and missing, in addition to coordinating the rescue operation with the Brazilian authorities and Petrobras.
In his update, Sæthre said that three workers were released from the hospital during the weekend. Two remain hospitalized. There were 74 crew members on board at the time of the explosion in the vessel’s pump room.
Brazilian media have reported that BW Offshore could be facing a penalty for not having the proper permit to operate the vessel in the area.
Asked to comment on the allegations, Sæthre said: “We should be OK with all our permits,” adding that the company’s first priority is to find the missing workers.
Offshore Energy Today Staff