Cairn taps Island Drilling rig for North Sea well

Island Innovator; Source: Island Drilling

Island Drilling Company has received a letter of intent from Capricorn Norge for operations in the North Sea offshore Norway. 

The letter of intent is for one well on Duncan prospect – Block 35/8 in the North Sea and two optional wells, Island Drilling said on Tuesday.

Drilling is scheduled to start in the second quarter of 2020, the company added.

Bassoe Offshore estimates that the rig’s dayrate for this contract will be around $210,000.

The company has chosen the Island Innovator semi-submersible rig for this scope and Island Drilling Management will be responsible for the operation of the rig.

Capricorn Norge is a subsidiary of Cairn Energy and the operator of License 880, which contains the Duncan prospect, holding a 60% interest. Edison Norge is Capricorn’s partner in the license with the remaining 40% interest.


Spotted a typo? Have something more to add to the story? Maybe a nice photo? Contact our editorial team via email.

Also, if you’re interested in showcasing your company, product or technology on Offshore Energy Today, please contact us via our advertising form where you can also see our media kit.

Share this article

Follow Offshore Energy Today

Events>

<< Aug 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
29 30 31 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1

OEE Conference & Exhibition 2019

OEE2019 is organised by Ocean Energy Europe, the industry association representing ocean energy in Europe.

read more >

Shanghai Int Petrochemical and Offshore Oil & Gas and Chemical Industry Technology and Equipment Exhibition 2019

cippe Shanghai has attracts both…

read more >

OWI LATAM 2019

Over the two-day conference, 25+ expert speakers will share exclusive insight on how to develop an integrity, production and P&A strategy…

read more >

Uganda International Oil and Gas Summit 2019

Uganda International Oil & Gas Summit will once again examine the industry’s developments…

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply