Conrad to kick off Mako drilling ‘within days’

Conrad Petroleum will start drilling an appraisal well at its Mako prospect, in the Duyung Production Sharing Contract, offshore Indonesia, within days, according to a partner in the project. 

Conrad Petroleum is the operator of the PSC with 90% interest and Empyrean Energy is its partner with the remaining 10% interest.

Duyung PSC is set in the Natuna Sea in water depths of 60-100 meters and associated shallow drilling depths of up to 2,000 feet. It includes the Mako shallow gas discovery which, according to the LEAP CPR, is estimated to contain 400 Bcf to 1.3 Tcf of gas in place.

Empyrean reported on Friday that the COSL Seeker jack-up rig had arrived on location for the drilling of the Mako South-1 well. The jack-up is presently continuing to rig up in preparation for drilling operations to start within days, Empyrean added.

The objective of the well is to flow test the gas sands and provide key data on the permeability and gas saturation properties of the reservoir.

Earlier this week, Empyrean said that the Mako project drilling would establish reservoir quality and conduct a gas flow test on the 430-650 Bcf conventional contingent gas resource.

Regarding its other operations, Empyrean informed that the seismic acquisition program on its 100 percent owned Block 29/11, offshore China, is progressing well with approximately 1/3 of the acquisition complete. The program started earlier this month and it is conducted by China Oilfield Services Limited (COSL).

“The data collected so far has been of good quality,” the company briefly concluded.

Offshore Energy Today Staff

 

Share this article

Follow Offshore Energy Today

Events>

<< Mar 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
25 26 27 28 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

16th MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL OIL AND GAS EXHIBITION

The Moscow International Oil & Gas Exhibition display products like oil and gas products, oil and gas services…

read more >

Beijing International Offshore Oil & Gas Exhibition (ciooe) 2019

Beijing International Offshore Oil & Gas Exhibition (ciooe), is a regular gathering in oil & gas industry…

read more >

Lebanon International Oil & Gas Summit 2019

LIOG 2019 will delve further into the opportunities that are present in Lebanon’s energy sector…

read more >

Atyrau Oil & Gas 2019

The event program is dedicated to the most topical issues of search, exploration, development of hydrocarbons…

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply