Technip has been awarded a contract by Eni for the Kitan field development project. This field is located in approximately 350 meters of water, in an area of the Timor Sea jointly administered by Timor-Leste and Australia, 500 kilometers off the Australian coast and about 250 kilometers south of the Timor-Leste capital of Dili.
The contract covers:
* project management and engineering,
* supply and installation of 23 kilometers of flowlines(1) and risers(2),
* installation of the umbilical(3) system.
Technip’s operating center in Perth, Australia will execute the contract. The pipelines will be manufactured at the Group’s plant in Le Trait, France.
Offshore installation is scheduled to start in the first half of 2011 using the Venturer, a construction vessel from Technip’s fleet.
This award reinforces Technip’s position in the expanding Subsea market in Asia Pacific.
(1) Flowline: flexible or rigid pipe laid on the seabed for the transport of production or injection fluids.
(2) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids from the seabed to surface facilities, and transfer injection or control fluids from the surface facilities to the seabed.
(3) Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes and/or thermoplastic hoses. Umbilicals can include electrical cables or optic fibers to support communications, power supply and telemetry functions.
Technip is a world leader in the fields of project management, engineering and construction for the oil & gas industry, offering a comprehensive portfolio of innovative solutions and technologies.
With 23,000 employees around the world, integrated capabilities and proven expertise in underwater infrastructures (Subsea), offshore facilities (Offshore) and large processing units and plants on land (Onshore), Technip is a key contributor to the development of sustainable solutions for the energy challenges of the 21st century.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has operating centers and industrial assets (manufacturing plants, spoolbases, construction yard) on five continents, and operates its own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
The Technip share is listed on Euronext Paris exchange and over the counter (OTC) in the USA.
Source:Technip, May 21, 2010;