Eni finds more gas in Nile Delta (Egypt)

Italian oil company Eni has discovered more gas in the Abu Madi West licence, in the Nooros field, offshore Egypt.

The company on Thursday said its well Nidoco NW3, the appraisal well of Nidoco NW 2 Dir discovery, encountered a 65 meters thick gas bearing sandstone layer of Messianian age with excellent petrophysical properties.

The original discovery, the Nidoco NW2 Dir, in the Nooros exploration prospect, was made in July 2015, 120 kilometers north-east of Alexandria, and began producing two months afterwards. The well currently produces more than 15,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boepd).

The new well, Nidoco NW3, was drilled from an onshore location to reach the Noroos reservoir located in the offshore shallow waters. According to Eni, production from the new well is expected to start by the end of November.

Eni says that within 2015, Nooros field will produce 30,000 boepd and is expected to reach a plateau of 70,000 boepd in the first half of 2016. The gas and condensates are sent to the Abu Madi’s treatment plant, about 25 kilometers from the discovery, and then routed in the Egyptian network.

The Italian oil and gas company operates the Abu Madi West licence with 75 per cent stake. BP owns the remaining 25 percent.

In parallel with the field development, Eni said it would continue its exploration activities in the license area, where it has identified a significant additional potential which will be tested through the drilling of other three new exploration wells.

Eni’s exploration efforts in Egpyt have been highly successful. The company in September made what is thought to be the largest ever gas discovery in the Mediterranean – the Zohr gas find. This field is estimated to retain 30 trillion cubic feet of gas in place.

 

Offshore Energy Today Staff

 

Share this article

Follow Offshore Energy Today

Events>

<< Nov 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 1

Offshore Energy Exhibition and Conference (OEEC) 2020

Offshore Energy addresses the technical, operational and commercial challenges associated with future sector growth.

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply