Sixteen energy industry experts have been appointed as an executive committee for the offshore E&P conference and exhibition SPE Offshore Europe 2017.
SPE Offshore Europe has been held biennially in Aberdeen since 1973. It is organized by The Offshore Europe Partnership, a joint venture between Reed Exhibitions and the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE).
According to the event’s organizers, the committee is working on the theme and topics for the event which will take place in Aberdeen from 5-8 September 2017 when the industry will have faced the longest and most severe downturn in decades.
Conference chair Catherine MacGregor, president Europe & Africa, Schlumberger says that SPE Offshore Europe 2017 will be a landmark in the event’s 44 year history, being held when the industry is reinventing itself and finding new ways of working in a prolonged low oil price environment.
“SPE Offshore Europe 2017 will set an agenda that will reflect the strategic, commercial, behavioural and technical issues that will shape the future of the industry for the next ten years,” said MacGregor.
“Directions have to be taken and decisions made that will impact the oil and gas landscape for years to come. SPE Offshore Europe 2017 will bring the industry from around the world together to address these issues at a pivotal time.”
The SPE Offshore Europe 2017 executive committee members are:
– Roger Ader, Partner and Global Head of Energy and Power, Rothschild;
– Gordon Ballard, Executive Director, IOGP (International Association of Oil & Gas Producers);
– Kamel Ben Naceur, Director for Sustainability, Technology and Outlooks, IEA;
– David Clark, Regional President EAF, Aker Solutions;
– Tim Dodson, Executive Vice President Exploration, Statoil ASA;
– Simon Flowers, Chairman, Energy and Chief Analyst, Wood Mackenzie;
– Alan Grant, Executive Chairman, Raffles Energy;
– Neil McCulloch, President, North Sea, EnQuest;
– Paul McDade, Chief Operating Officer, Tullow;
– Deirdre Michie, Chief Executive, Oil & Gas UK;
– Maria Moræus Hanssen, Chief Executive Officer, ENGIE E&P International SA;
– Elisabeth Proust, Managing Director, Total UK Limited;
– Wonuola Scott, Principal Data Transformation Analyst, IHS Rushmore Reviews;
– Troy Stewart, Divisional Manager, Lifecycle Services, Process Automation, ABB;
– David White, Senior Technology Advisor, Schlumberger;
– Clay Williams, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, National Oilwell Varco.
SPE Offshore Europe 2017 will be held at Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre.