Hyperdynamics Issues Invitation to Tender to Drilling Companies for Offshore Guinea Program

 

Hyperdynamics Corporation  announced today that AGR Petroleum Services, its well management company, issued an Invitation to Tender to drilling companies as part of its exploration program offshore in the Republic of Guinea.

The tender covers the drilling of two wells plus an optional third well as agreed in the work program and budget between Hyperdynamics and Dana Petroleum last year. Dana holds a 23% interest in the project with Hyperdynamics holding the remaining 77% as operator.

The invitation to tender has gone to a shortlist of drilling contractors, which were selected after they responded to an initial rig inquiry.

“This is the next major step in the preparations for our 2011 drilling campaign,” said Ray Leonard, Hyperdynamics President and Chief Executive Officer. “Tendering for a moored semisubmersible rig will allow us to test identified prospects in various water depths with a single rig, which will result in greater economic and operational efficiency.”

The closing date for tenders is February 23 and a contract is expected to be awarded by early April. Hyperdynamics expects to begin drilling the first well in the fourth quarter of 2011.

AGR Petroleum Services has been providing well management support to Hyperdynamics since November 30, 2010.

About Hyperdynamics

Hyperdynamics is an emerging independent oil and gas exploration and production company that is exploring for oil and gas offshore the Republic of Guinea in West Africa.

Source:Hyperdynamics, February  9, 2011;

Share this article

Follow Offshore Energy Today

One thought on “Hyperdynamics Issues Invitation to Tender to Drilling Companies for Offshore Guinea Program”

Comments are closed.

Events>

<< Nov 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 1

Offshore Energy Exhibition and Conference (OEEC) 2020

Offshore Energy addresses the technical, operational and commercial challenges associated with future sector growth.

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply