Karoon Expects to Start Drilling Offshore Peru Prospect at 2012 End

Karoon Expects to Start Drilling Offshore Peru Prospect at 2012 End

Karoon is receiving tenders for the provision of a drilling rig for a minimum of two wells in the Tumbes Basin Block Z-38. The likely timing for the commencement of drilling is expected to be the end of 2012 and Karoon said it would keep the market informed when a rig is secured.

Karoon is currently the 75% equity holder and the operator of Tumbes Basin Block Z-38. The remaining 25% interest is held by Vietnam American Exploration LLC.

The Karoon offshore Peru acreage block Z38 is in water depths from 200 to 700m and is located 56km west of the city of Tumbes and 39km west of the Caleta Cruz (refurbished dock and 135 MW proposed power plant). In addition to the port city of Tumbes with its energy markets and infrastructure it is also close to the border of Ecuador and Ecuador’s most populous city, Santiago de Guayaquil.

Offshore Energy Today Staff, December 26, 2011; Image: Karoon Gas Australia

 

Share this article

Follow Offshore Energy Today

Events>

<< Feb 2020 >>
MTWTFSS
27 28 29 30 31 1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 1

Offshore Energy Exhibition and Conference (OEEC) 2020

Offshore Energy addresses the technical, operational and commercial challenges associated with future sector growth.

read more >

CERAWeek 2020

 Each year, CERA clients gathered for a few days in Houston…

read more >

Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) 2020

The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) showcases leading-edge technology for offshore drilling, exploration…

read more >

OWI APAC 2020

Over the two-day conference, 30 expert speakers will share exclusive insight to help drive well work efficiencies through innovative…

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply