Karoon hits Pacific with another default notice

Karoon Gas Australia has once again served default notices to Pacific Exploration and Production, its joint venture partner in the Santos Basin blocks offshore Brazil, related to overdue payment. 

Karoon Gas Australia has 65% operated interest in five Santos Basin Brazil blocks, S‐M‐1037, 1101, 1102, 1165 & 1166, while Pacific holds the remaining 35% interest.

The Australian company said on Friday that default notices are consistent with its rights under the relevant Joint Operating Agreements (JOAs) and that the notices relate to Pacific’s failure to make payments under the JOAs.

Karoon stated that “both parties are working together to resolve the issue”.

This is the second time for Karoon to issue such notices to Pacific, the first time being on June 14 this year with Pacific making the payment a day later.

Offshore Energy Today Staff

Share this article

Follow Offshore Energy Today

Events>

<< May 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
29 30 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2

08th OIL & GAS AFRICA 2019 CONFERENCE

OIL & GAS AFRICA is one of the most prime regional & international Oil and Gas conferences in East Africa…

read more >

FPSO Brazil Congress 2019

Charging ahead with 24 planned orders by 2022, Brazil has once again solidified its status as one of the world’s foremost oil and gas leaders…

read more >

OWI WA 2019

West Africa’s only dedicated Offshore Well Intervention Conference is returning for its second year…

read more >

OIL & GAS PHILIPPINES 2019

Oil & Gas Philippines event display products like Oil & gas, fire protection systems and materials…

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply