KrisEnergy spuds exploration well in Sakti (Indonesia)

KrisEnergy, an independent upstream oil and gas company, has announced that the KS Java Star jack-up rig has started drilling of the Mustika-1 exploration well offshore Indonesia. 

The well is located in the KrisEnergy-operated Sakti production sharing contract, in the East Java Sea.

The company says that drilling is expected to take approximately 20 days. Mustika-1, which is targeting the Kujung I formation, is planned to reach a total measured depth at 3,100 feet (945 metres), or 3,000 feet total vertical depth subsea. The location of the well is based on the interpretation of the 1,202 km 2D and 401 sq. km 3D seismic data acquired by the company in 2014.

KrisEnergy is also the operator of the Bulu PSC, which is adjacent to the Sakti PSC and contains the Lengo gas discovery for which the company received approval for its plan of development in December 2014.

Chris Gibson-Robinson, Director Exploration & Production, said: “The decision to drill Mustika-1 at this time comes as we are finalising project details for the Lengo development. This prospect is 10 km west of Lengo and, if successful, we would look at producing Sakti gas through the Lengo facilities.”

Front-end engineering design for the Lengo development was completed in the third quarter of 2015. The company says that gas sales negotiations are ongoing and preparations are underway to tender the contract for engineering, procurement, construction and installation.

KrisEnergy was awarded as the operator a 95% working interest in the Sakti PSC in February 2014. The block covers 4,974 sq. km in the East Java Sea over the western margin of the East Java Basin, Bawean Arch and the Muriah Trough. Golden Heaven Jaya Ltd. holds the remaining 5% working interest.

The KS Java Star jack-up rig is owned by KS Drilling Pte Ltd.

Share this article

Follow Offshore Energy Today

Events>

<< Jan 2020 >>
MTWTFSS
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2

Africa Oil Week 2020

For over 25 years Africa Oil Week has been the meeting place for Africa’s most senior E&P stakeholders.

read more >

CERAWeek 2020

 Each year, CERA clients gathered for a few days in Houston…

read more >

Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) 2020

The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) showcases leading-edge technology for offshore drilling, exploration…

read more >

2020 EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION STANDARDS CONFERENCE ON OILFIELD EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS

The development of consensus standards is one of API’s oldest and most successful programs.

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply