Leighton Offshore has been awarded a contract for the replacement of floating hoses on the SPM system operated by Qatar Gas.
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations, part of Qatargas Operating Company Ltd, operates and maintains two SPM CALM buoys approximately 54 Km offshore from Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar.
Leighton CEO Boyd Merrett said “We look forward to working with Qatar Gas to deliver this project. The Leighton Offshore O&M Team has more than 100 years cumulative experience in SPM related O&M works scopes with a strong focus on safe and environmentally sound operating practices.”
“Last year Leighton operated and maintained the Iraq Offshore Crude Oil Export system, successfully managing the export of over 140 million barrels of oil. We have the people, systems and equipment to provide innovative solutions for our clients operations and maintenance needs”, Merrett added.
Leighton Offshores scope of work includes:
- Water Flushing the existing SPM Floating Hoses to make them hydrocarbon free
- The removal of existing Floating hoses along with the attachments and accessories,
- Dis-assembly of existing Floating Hose Strings.
- Inspection and Assembly of new Hose Strings prior to installation,
- Installation of New Floating Hose Stings on SPM # 1
- Testing and Commissioning of the new Floating Hose Strings
- Commissioning support During Loading Operations