Lundin receives production licence for Morskaya field in Caspian Sea

Lundin Petroleum, a Swedish independent oil and gas company, announced today that Rosnedra, the Russian licensing authority, has issued a production licence for Morskaya field in the Lagansky Block in the Caspian Sea.

According to Lundin Petroleum, the production licence is valid until 2035 and covers approximately 50 km². The company says that the Morskaya field, owned by LLC Petroresurs, is estimated to contain gross contingent resources of 157 million barrels of oil equivalent.

Lundin Petroleum holds a 70 percent shareholding in LLC Petroresurs with Gunvor Group holding the remaining 30 percent.

Ashley Heppenstall, President and CEO of Lundin Petroleum said: “We are very pleased to receive a production licence for the Morskaya field and will now work towards putting in place a plan to fully appraise this large discovery situated in the northern Caspian Sea.”

Share this article

Follow Offshore Energy Today

Events>

<< Apr 2020 >>
MTWTFSS
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 1 2 3

Navingo Career Event

The Navingo Career Event is Europe’s biggest career event for the maritime…

read more >

Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) 2020 Postponed

The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) showcases leading-edge technology for offshore drilling, exploration…

read more >

OWI APAC 2020

Over the two-day conference, 30 expert speakers will share exclusive insight to help drive well work efficiencies through innovative…

read more >

2020 EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION STANDARDS CONFERENCE ON OILFIELD EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS

The development of consensus standards is one of API’s oldest and most successful programs.

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply