Neptune brings online new gas well in Dutch North Sea

Oil and gas company Neptune Energy has produced first gas from the new L5a-D4 well in the deepest producing gas field of the Dutch North Sea. 

F3 platform; Source: Neptune Energy

L5a-D4 is a high pressure, high temperature well located in the L5a-D field, around 100 kilometers north of Den Helder, and tied back to the Neptune-operated L5a-D platform, Neptune said on Wednesday. It was tapped at a depth of 5.5 kilometers.

Today’s announcement follows the successful drilling of the E17a-A6 well, located almost 160 kilometers from Den Helder, which was brought on stream in October last year.

Neptune’s managing director for the Netherlands, Lex de Groot, said: “We continue to seek opportunities to grow our business in the Netherlands and to enhance our offshore gas production. Dutch offshore natural gas remains hugely important for heating Dutch homes.”

“Production of Dutch natural gas also contributes directly and indirectly to the Dutch economy and produces 30% lower CO2 emission than imported gas.” Today’s announcement follows the successful drilling of the E17a-A6 well, located almost 160 kilometers from Den Helder, which was brought on stream in October last year.

The L5a-D platform is operated by Neptune Energy with a 60% stake, and EBN is its partner with the remaining 40% stake.

The F3-B complex is the main platform for gas and oil production in the northern part of the FLQ cluster. F3-B is located 210 km from Den Helder at a water depth of 42.5 meters. The production platform is bridge-linked to an accommodation platform with space for up to 36 personnel. A separate, unmanned oil offloading tower is located nearby.  The facility is also used to treat, store and transport third-party produced oil at Ravn in Denmark and A6A in Germany.

Q13 is at the southern end of the FLQ Cluster. This is located near the Dutch coast 13 km from Scheveningen. This was installed as a fully electrified production platform in 2013. The platform is unmanned. The oil production from Q13 is exported to shore to Rotterdam via the TAQA-operated P15c complex.

HPHT (high-pressure high-temperature) gas wells are also present in this area. The gas produced at L5a-D, L5-FA, L12, and L15-FA is transported via the NOGAT pipeline to the plant in Den Helder.


Spotted a typo? Have something more to add to the story? Maybe a nice photo? Contact our editorial team via email.

Also, if you’re interested in showcasing your company, product, or technology on Offshore Energy Today, please contact us via our advertising form where you can also see our media kit.

Share this article

Follow Offshore Energy Today

Events>

<< Apr 2020 >>
MTWTFSS
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 1 2 3

Navingo Career Event

The Navingo Career Event is Europe’s biggest career event for the maritime…

read more >

Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) 2020 Postponed

The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) showcases leading-edge technology for offshore drilling, exploration…

read more >

OWI APAC 2020

Over the two-day conference, 30 expert speakers will share exclusive insight to help drive well work efficiencies through innovative…

read more >

2020 EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION STANDARDS CONFERENCE ON OILFIELD EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS

The development of consensus standards is one of API’s oldest and most successful programs.

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply