Boa has recently sold offshore construction vessel Boa Rover to the Dubai based Topaz Energy and Marine Ltd.
About Boa Group
BOA GROUP (Taubåtkompaniet AS/Boa companies) is a family business, which has been providing offshore services since the 70’s. From the main office in the central part of Norway, Boa Group has been employed all around the world, assisting leading offshore operators in a great variety of tasks.
Taubåtkompaniet AS was founded in 1975 and Boa Offshore AS goes back to early 80’s (formerly known as Boa Limited). During the last few years several other “BOA-companies” have been born, like Boa Deep C AS and Boa Sub C AS.
The company started its activities with operation of harbour towages and general services to the marine industry along the coast of Norway. Over the past 30 years, it has gradually expanded and is today operating a diversified fleet of about 40 units consisting of modern tugs, offshore vessels, construction vessels and both flattop- and semi-submersible barges.
The main activities today for BOA are:
* Sea transportation on barges on a world wide basis. In particular offshore modules, drill barges, rigs and other floating objects needing transport by float-on float-off methods
* Load-out and launching of heavy objects including dry-docking of rigs
* Rig moves and general supply to the offshore industry
* Subsea installations and construction work
* Provision of harbour towages and terminal operations in the ports between Trondheim and Kirkenes
* Coastal towages along the Norwegian coast, mainly in the middle and northern parts of Norway
* Salvage operations along the Norwegian coast. Since 1975, Boa has successfully carried out more than 130 salvage operations, most of them on a “No Cure – No Pay” basis. The company is a member of the International Salvage Union (ISU), where membership only is awarded to companies with a certain record.
All tugs used for salvage operations are equipped with salvage pumps.
Other salvage equipment from our main storage building as well as rescuers/divers/staff can rapidly be brought to the emergency area by means of helicopter owned by our affiliated company Helitrans AS .
*Provision of divers for underwater inspection and maintenance
The main office for Taubåtkompaniet AS and the Boa companies is situated in Trondheim, Norway. Experienced staff and crew are offering client’s service on a 24hrs basis 365 days a year.
Source: Boa,September 23, 2010,