Norwegian Electric Systems has won the contract to supply a Gulf Marine Services’ S-Class jack up barge with a Diesel Electric propulsion system and Automation package.
The full package includes diesel engines, generators, switchboards, transformers, thruster motors, variable frequency drives and a full IAS Automation package. System Integration and engineering are also included.
The value of the contract is estimated at NOK 45 million (USD 7.2 million)
“To continue to have the confidence of such a great company as Gulf Marine Services, is an honour for us in Norwegian Electric Systems. As Gulf Marine Services continues to grow we hope to forge a strong partnership with them and continue to deliver what they expect”, says Paul Winson, Vice President Sales – Norwegian Electric Systems.
- 4 x Norwegian Electric Gensets 1800RPM, 1300kW, 1635kVA, 690V
6 x MSB and EMSB
4 x Norwegian Electric thruster motors 1200RPM, 825kW, 690V
- 4 x Norwegian Electric Quadro Drive® 825kW, 690V
- 1 x Havyard IAS (SFI 792) Complete automation system
- 10 x Norwegian Electric Distribution Transformers
- B.O.S.S.® (Black Out Safety System)
- Calculations and engineering
- Project Management
- Electrical studies/ analysis
- Commissioning and seatrials