Ocean Rig has recently ordered two more drill ships for construction at the Samsung Heavy Industries shipyard in Korea. The drill ships are scheduled for delivery in July and October 2013.
Ocean Rig’s drillships are based upon the Saipem 10K design. They are a successful and well proven design complete with full dual derrick enhancements to ensure optimal operational efficiency. The first vessel was delivered to Ocean Rig on 3 January 2011 and the other two vessels are scheduled for delivery 29 July and 30 September 2011.
• Water depth capacity of 10,000 feet
• Variable deck load of 20,000 tonnes
• Transit speed of 12 knots
• Dynamic positioning system – Kongsberg DP Class 3
• Vessel power of 6 x 8,000 KW STX diesel engines
• Thruster capacity 6 x 5,500 KW
• Dual drilling package to enable drilling operations in Main & Aux well
• Five (5) x 14-P-220 HP Mud Pumps
The Company yesterday announced that Ocean Corcovado Drillship commenced its voyage from Peterhead to Greenland. The drillship has been successfully prepared for the Greenland Campaign, including installation of Cairn 3rd party equipment bunkering for drilling of three wells. The ship is expected to arrive at the well-site in about 7 days.
Source:Ocean Rig , May 6, 2011;