Seven executives from energy companies in India, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Thailand have been selected as finalists for Platts’ Asia CEO of the Year. Last year’s Asia CEO of the Year Winner was Fanrong Li, from CNOOC Ltd.
The award recognizes excellence in energy industry leadership in the Asia-Pacific region and places the recipient in the running for the global energy CEO of the Year award to be determined later this year.
“All of the finalists are to be applauded for outstanding leadership and conviction to bring about positive change within their organizations and for strategic visions helping to propel the region’s energy industry,” said Larry Neal, President of Platts, a global provider of energy, petrochemicals, metals and agriculture information.
“I wish each finalist the best of luck, and look forward to congratulating the winner next month.”
The 2014 Platts’ Energy Asia CEO of the Year finalists are:
• Dr. Pailin Chuchottaworn, president and chief executive officer of PTT Public Company Limited, Thailand
• Chengyu Fu, chairman of China Petrochemical Corporation (Sinopec Group), China
• H.L. Kam, group managing director of Cheung Kong Infrastructure Holdings Limited, Hong Kong
• Fanrong Li, chief executive officer of China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) Limited, China
• Datuk Seri Ir. Azman Mohd, president and chief executive officer of Tenaga Nasional Bhd, Malaysia
• Shri B.C. Tripathi, chairman and managing director of GAIL (India) Limited, India
• Ms. Nishi Vasudeva, chairman and managing director of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited, India
From this list of finalists, an independent panel of judges will select a winner which will be announced at the Platts Top 250 Asia Awards Dinner at The Fullerton Singapore on October 28, 2014 along with the unveiling of the 13th annual Platts Top 250 Global Energy Company Rankings™.
The 2014 financial performance roster of publicly traded energy companies with assets of U.S. $5.0 billion or more will be based on 2013 assets, revenues, profits and return on invested capital (last year’s 2013 12th annual Rankings were based on fiscal 2012 financials).
The Rankings will include Top 10 by industry sector and region, as well as “biggest movers” and 50 fastest-growing companies, and more. More than 300 executives are expected to attend this year’s dinner, which will be emceed by Annalisa Burgos, anchor and reporter at Channel NewsAsia.
The dinner will also feature a keynote address by Masakazu Toyoda, chairman and CEO of the Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ). The Platts Top 250 Asia Awards Dinner, held in conjunction with Singapore International Energy Week, is open to all companies with energy business interests in Asia and to energy companies worldwide.