The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) carried out an audit of North Atlantic Norway Limited and the West Epsilon rig during the period 19 – 21 March 2013.
The objective of the audit was to verify the rig’s preparedness organisation, equipment and systems that handle preparedness functions.
Nonconformities were identified in connection with:
– Updating analyses
– Emergency preparedness manual
– Risk and preparedness analyses
– Fulfilment of barrier performance requirements
– Follow-up of training and exercises
– Maintenance of preparedness equipment
– Handheld VHF in MOB boat
– Storage of MOB suits
– Communication when evacuating with raft
– Identity tags for rescue appliances
– Follow-up of experience knowledge
Press Release, May 3, 2013