Quadrant completes flow test on Roc-2 well (Australia)

Quadrant Energy’s Roc-2 well offshore Western Australia has successfully flowed gas and condensate to the surface over the course of a sustained flow test program.

Carnarvon Petroleum, a partner in the project, said on Wednesday that the well flow tested at rates up to 51.2 million scf per day of gas and 2,943 barrels of condensate per day which sums up to approximately 11,500 barrels of oil equivalent per day.

These rates were achieved through an approximate 1 1/2” choke and were equipment constrained flow rates which meant that the well flowed at the maximum rate possible with the equipment being used.

Controlled flow rates testing enabled the monitoring of the field including reservoir pressures, gas and condensate ratios and the presence of other substances such as CO2, H2S, water, and sand.

Carnarvon also said that the levels of other substances in the gas and condensate during the flow test were insignificant.

Adrian Cook, Carnarvon’s Managing Director, said: “Our drilling results to date in the Bedout Sub-basin have been extraordinary. Carnarvon and its partner and operator, Quadrant Energy have made substantial progress in this new oil and gas province since exploration began in earnest in 2014.

“The Roc-2 well has provided us with a significant amount of valuable new information, and the flow test result very clearly and unequivocally demonstrates the capability of these hydrocarbons to flow from a quality reservoir within the basin. We are very happy with the Roc-2 well flow test results which are at rates that are significant in our industry.

“These results provide Carnarvon and its partner with enormous blue sky potential and a platform within the Phoenix South and Roc area in which to test and develop this potential.”

To remind, Quadrant Energy confirmed a high quality reservoir within the Caley section of the Roc-2 well, almost fully saturated with gas condensate in September. Quadrant started preparing for the flow testing of the well in early October.

The Roc-2 appraisal well is located within the WA-437-P in the North West Shelf of Western Australia. Quadrant Energy is the operator and holds an 80 percent stake while Carnarvon Petroleum holds the remaining 20 percent.

Share this article

Follow Offshore Energy Today

Events>

<< Sep 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
26 27 28 29 30 31 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6

Africa Oil & Power 2019

The Africa Oil & Power conference will bring together an elite class of ministers and senior-level government…

read more >

OWI LATAM 2019

Over the two-day conference, 25+ expert speakers will share exclusive insight on how to develop an integrity, production and P&A strategy…

read more >

Uganda International Oil and Gas Summit 2019

Uganda International Oil & Gas Summit will once again examine the industry’s developments…

read more >

Argentina Oil and Gas Expo 2019

The Argentine Oil and Gas Institute (IAPG) organizes the Argentina Oil & Gas Expo bringing together the most…

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply