Quadrant Energy finds gas offshore W. Australia

Quadrant Energy, an Australian oil and gas company, has found gas at an exploration well, in the Carnarvon basin, offshore Australia.

The Davis-1, as the exploration well is named, was drilled during the first quarter of 2016, and according to Santos, a partner in the licence, the well encountered hydrocarbons.

The well was drilled in the WA-214-P permit, some 12 kilometers from the existing John Brookes platform. Santos on Friday said that the well had discovered gas, and was plugged and abandoned as planned.

Quadrant Energy, a company established in 2015 following completion of Apache Energy acquisition by Brookfield and Macquarie Capital, operates the permit with 55 percent, while Santos holds the remaining 45 percent.

The Davis-1 well is part of a broader exploration program by Quadrant, covering several licences located within Commonwealth waters of the Carnarvon Basin in the NW Shelf region of Western Australia.

In its activities update on Friday, Santos said its exploration program for 2016 was focused on lower risk, near-field exploration wells that target domestic gas markets through existing infrastructure.

Share this article

Follow Offshore Energy Today

Events>

<< Mar 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
25 26 27 28 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

16th MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL OIL AND GAS EXHIBITION

The Moscow International Oil & Gas Exhibition display products like oil and gas products, oil and gas services…

read more >

Beijing International Offshore Oil & Gas Exhibition (ciooe) 2019

Beijing International Offshore Oil & Gas Exhibition (ciooe), is a regular gathering in oil & gas industry…

read more >

Lebanon International Oil & Gas Summit 2019

LIOG 2019 will delve further into the opportunities that are present in Lebanon’s energy sector…

read more >

Atyrau Oil & Gas 2019

The event program is dedicated to the most topical issues of search, exploration, development of hydrocarbons…

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply