Quadrant’s Roc-2 hits hydrocarbons

Quadrant's Roc-2 hits hydrocarbons

Quadrant Energy’s Roc-2 well being drilled offshore W. Australia has confirmed a hydrocarbon-bearing reservoir, in good quality rock, within the Caley section, its primary target. 

The Roc-2 well is located within the WA-437-P exploration permit in the North West Shelf of Australia where Quadrant is the operator with 80% interest, while Carnarvon Petroleum holds the remaining 20% interest.

Quadrant recently experienced a delay while drilling the Roc-2 appraisal well due to a mechanical issue with the rig’s drilling system.

The well is being drilled to appraise the nearby Roc-1 discovery. According to Carnarvon’s update on Friday, the results were confirmed during Logging While Drilling (LWD) which provides preliminary information during drilling operations.

The next stage of data acquisition will become available after wireline logging, which is planned to include pressure and fluid sampling tools, Carnarvon said.

Following the completion of the coring process, Carnarvon stated that the well has continued drilling the 8 ½” (216 mm) hole, including passing through the cored Caley sections with LWD tools for the first time.

The well is currently drilling ahead in the 8 ½” (216 mm) hole section at a depth of approximately 4,610 meters, the company added.

The rig will continue to drill the 8 ½” (216 mm) hole to planned total depth of around 5,250 meters. Following the completion of drilling, anticipated to take around 2 weeks, an extensive logging and testing campaign will start.

Carnarvon’s Managing Director and CEO, Adrian Cook said: “I am extremely pleased with the results of this well so far. We have successfully acquired core over the reservoir section and I’m happy to be in a position to confirm today that we’ve encountered hydrocarbons in good quality reservoir sands.

“The next stage of the program is to obtain and assess the logging and testing results which will take place after the current well deepening activity. Clearly, there is some ways yet to go on this well but progress to date is very encouraging.”

Share this article

Follow Offshore Energy Today

Events>

<< Jul 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31 1 2 3 4

Uganda International Oil and Gas Summit 2019

Uganda International Oil & Gas Summit will once again examine the industry’s developments…

read more >

8th OIL & GAS AFRICA 2019 CONFERENCE

OIL & GAS AFRICA is one of the most prime regional & international Oil and Gas conferences in East Africa…

read more >

Gas Indonesia Summit 2019

Gas Indonesia Summit & Exhibition is returning for the fourth edition in Jakarta…

read more >

Shanghai Int Petrochemical and Offshore Oil & Gas and Chemical Industry Technology and Equipment Exhibition 2019

cippe Shanghai has attracts both…

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply