Quintet of offshore blocks for Maersk Oil (UK)

Maersk Oil UK has been awarded five licences in the initial tranche of offers from the UK’s 28th Licensing Round, three of which will be operated by the Company.

Quintet of offshore blocks for Maersk Oil (UK)

“The award of these new licences supports the long term growth strategy for the UK business, enhancing our exploration programme around our core producing assets and further developing our delivery of HPHT opportunities as part of strong partnerships,” said Martin Rune Pedersen, Managing Director, Maersk Oil UK.

Two of the licences awarded, 15/18b and 15/20d include the Yeoman and Tap o’Noth discoveries near Maersk Oil’s Quad 15 core producing assets. The awarded Glengorm and Sween licences comprise high pressure high temperature (HPHT) prospects and discoveries respectively.

Maersk Oil UK was awarded the following licences:

Operated
• 21/7b (Tarland Prospect), Maersk Oil UK as operator (100%).
• Moray Firth Block 15/18b (Yeoman Discovery), Maersk Oil UK as operator (100%).
• Moray Firth Block 15/20d (Tap o’ Noth Discovery), Maersk Oil UK as operator (100%).

Non-operated
• West Central Graben Blocks 22/21c, 22/22b & 22/26d (Glengorm Prospect), Maersk Oil UK (25%), Edison (25%), Nexen as operator (50%).
• Viking Graben Blocks 3/30, 4/26, 9,5 & 10/1 part (Sween Discovery), Maersk Oil UK (25%), Edison (25%), Total as operator (50%).

 

Press Release

 

 

Share this article

Follow Offshore Energy Today

Events>

<< May 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
29 30 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2

Offshore Energy Exhibition and Conference (OEEC)

The three-day event features an exhibition where over 600 companies will showcase their products and services…

read more >

Argentina Oil and Gas Expo 2019

The Argentine Oil and Gas Institute (IAPG) organizes the Argentina Oil & Gas Expo bringing together the most…

read more >

OEE Conference & Exhibition 2019

OEE2019 is organised by Ocean Energy Europe, the industry association representing ocean energy in Europe.

read more >

Africa Oil & Power 2019

The Africa Oil & Power conference will bring together an elite class of ministers and senior-level government…

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply