Maersk Oil UK has been awarded five licences in the initial tranche of offers from the UK’s 28th Licensing Round, three of which will be operated by the Company.
“The award of these new licences supports the long term growth strategy for the UK business, enhancing our exploration programme around our core producing assets and further developing our delivery of HPHT opportunities as part of strong partnerships,” said Martin Rune Pedersen, Managing Director, Maersk Oil UK.
Two of the licences awarded, 15/18b and 15/20d include the Yeoman and Tap o’Noth discoveries near Maersk Oil’s Quad 15 core producing assets. The awarded Glengorm and Sween licences comprise high pressure high temperature (HPHT) prospects and discoveries respectively.
Maersk Oil UK was awarded the following licences:
• 21/7b (Tarland Prospect), Maersk Oil UK as operator (100%).
• Moray Firth Block 15/18b (Yeoman Discovery), Maersk Oil UK as operator (100%).
• Moray Firth Block 15/20d (Tap o’ Noth Discovery), Maersk Oil UK as operator (100%).
• West Central Graben Blocks 22/21c, 22/22b & 22/26d (Glengorm Prospect), Maersk Oil UK (25%), Edison (25%), Nexen as operator (50%).
• Viking Graben Blocks 3/30, 4/26, 9,5 & 10/1 part (Sween Discovery), Maersk Oil UK (25%), Edison (25%), Total as operator (50%).