Rowan Companies plc announced that its monthly report of drilling rig status and contract information has been updated as of July 18, 2013.
Notable events in the report include:
– Gorilla V: Awarded two year extension with Total in the UK sector of the North Sea commencing late June 2013 at $274,000 per day (above previous day rate of $205,000).
– EXL III: Awarded a one well contract estimated at 60 days with McMoRan in the Gulf of Mexico at $160,000 per day (no change from previous day rate).
– Hank Boswell: Previously scheduled 92 days out of service project for customer-required equipment upgrades is planned to start in July 2014 instead of October 2013.
– Bob Keller: Rig is expected to be off rate for 30 days in November 2013 for inspections.
Previously scheduled out of service project for customer-required equipment upgrades is estimated for 60 days (previously 75 days) and is planned to start in the second half of 2014 instead of October 2013.
– Scooter Yeargain: Previously scheduled 75 days out of service project for customer-required equipment upgrades is planned to start in April 2014 instead of October 2013.
– Gorilla VII: Added 21 days off rate time in 3Q 2013 starting in mid-July 2013 for leg repairs.
Previously scheduled 140 days out of service project for repairs, upgrades and inspections is planned to start the beginning of 1Q 2014 instead of mid-December 2013.
The Company will not realize any day rate revenue during periods of off rate time, and crew costs will be capitalized during rig modifications and/or upgrades.
Rowan Companies plc is a major provider of international and domestic contract drilling services with a leading position in high-specification jack-up rigs. The Company’s fleet of 30 jack-up rigs is located worldwide, including the Middle East, the North Sea, Trinidad, Egypt, Southeast Asia and the Gulf of Mexico.