Saudi Aramco extends deals for two AOD jack-ups

Seadrill AOD I

Asia Offshore Drilling (AOD) has received three-year contract extensions for two jack-up rigs from Saudi Aramco. 

AOD is an associate company of Mermaid Maritime and Mermaid has 33.76 percent equity stake in AOD while the other 66.24 percent equity is owned by Seadrill.

The extension is for two jack-up drilling rigs,  AOD I and AOD II, which are now expiring in June 2019 and July 2019, respectively.

The extensions are in direct continuation of the current contracts and will add approximately $225 million in contract backlog.

These units have been working for Saudi Aramco since 2013 on a three-year contract that contained one extension option.

Both jack-up rigs were built in 2013 by Keppel FELS Shipyard and both have maximum drilling depth of 400 feet.

AOD has another jack-up rig under a three-year contract with Saudi Aramco which is due to expire in October 2016. Mermaid said on Friday that negotiations with Saudi Aramco for contract extension for the AOD III jack-up are still ongoing.

Offshore Energy Today Staff

Share this article

Follow Offshore Energy Today

Events>

<< Apr 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 1 2 3 4 5

GeoConvention 2019

GeoConvention offers some of the best local and international insights to efficient energy exploration…

read more >

16th MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL OIL AND GAS EXHIBITION

The Moscow International Oil & Gas Exhibition display products like oil and gas products, oil and gas services…

read more >

Erbil International Oil & Gas Exhibition 2019

The event will be held at the Erbil International Fair Ground which is one of the largest energy related events in Iraq…

read more >

THE 24 th IRAN INTERNATIONAL OIL , GAS , REFINING & PETROCHEMICAL EXHIBITION

The second largest OPEC producer, Iran sits atop 11 percent of oil and 18 percent of gas…

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply