Senegal includes disputed offshore block in licensing round

Senegalese authorities have included the disputed Senegal Offshore Sud Profond (SOSP) block in a recently launched licensing round covering all open offshore blocks in the country.

Source: African Petroleum

The Senegalese government and African Petroleum – recently merged with PetroNor – have been in dispute since January 2018 when the oil firm lodged formal notices of dispute in respect of the SOSP block and Rufisque Offshore Profond (ROP) PSCs.

African Petroleum registered a request for arbitration proceedings to protect its interests in the two blocks, following an unsuccessful attempt to resolve a dispute with the country’s government.

Later in the year, Senegal’s Petrosen, a partner in the blocks, started seeking tenders for blocks offshore Senegal including the SOSP block, regardless of the arbitration process.

Senegal’s Petrosen holds 10 percent equity in the SOSP block while African Petroleum Senegal Limited, a subsidiary of PetroNor, holds the remaining 90 percent.

PetroNor said on Tuesday that it was still in arbitration proceedings with the Government of Senegal and continues to reserve its rights to its operating working interest in SOSP.

“As such, this […] has no impact on the arbitration process, and the board of PetroNor remains steadfast in its legal position, and looks forward to having the matter resolved through either the independent channels of arbitration or via a satisfactory settlement agreement in the interest of all parties,” PetroNor stated.

Offshore Energy Today Staff


Spotted a typo? Have something more to add to the story? Maybe a nice photo? Contact our editorial team via email.

Also, if you’re interested in showcasing your company, product or technology on Offshore Energy Today, please contact us via our advertising form where you can also see our media kit.

Share this article

Follow Offshore Energy Today

Events>

<< Jan 2020 >>
MTWTFSS
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2

Africa Oil Week 2020

For over 25 years Africa Oil Week has been the meeting place for Africa’s most senior E&P stakeholders.

read more >

CERAWeek 2020

 Each year, CERA clients gathered for a few days in Houston…

read more >

Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) 2020

The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) showcases leading-edge technology for offshore drilling, exploration…

read more >

2020 EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION STANDARDS CONFERENCE ON OILFIELD EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS

The development of consensus standards is one of API’s oldest and most successful programs.

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply