Sparrows Turnover Reaches £188 Mln

Sparrows, a company specialising in offshore lifting and mechanical handling services, has announced an excellent trading year in 2012 with increases in both profits and turnover.
Earnings at the Aberdeen head-quartered company before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) were £20.8 million with turnover reaching £188million. In comparison, profits in 2011 were £17.5million on a turnover of £172million. The UK accounts for 53% of total turnover with international sales making up the remaining 47%.
Doug Sedge, chief executive officer at Sparrows, said: “In 2012, we won significant new contracts, as well as renewals and extensions, across all our bases, indicating that we are meeting the needs of our customers and delivering project excellence.”
Sparrows also increased staff numbers from 1,649 at the beginning of 2012 to 1,748 by the end of the year. The company is continuing its recruitment drive to build capacity for future work with opportunities in engineering and operations positions both onshore and offshore including mechanical engineers, mechanics and electricians.
Sedge added: “In addition, we secured a new investor and carried out a major restructure of the business, lowering our debt by a third. These achievements not only allowed for continued growth but have paved the way for an even more successful year in 2013. Our first quarter was extremely robust and forecasts for the full year are positive compared to budget.”
Sparrows Offshore traded as a group throughout 2012. However on 24 October 2012 the trading subsidiaries of the group were acquired to form a new Sparrows Offshore Group of companies subsequently the accounts lodged at Companies House today for Sparrows Offshore Group Limited are only for the period following incorporation (23 August 2012 to 31 December 2012). The commentary in these accounts takes account of the full trading year’s figures and reveal the 17% increase in profits and 8% increase in turnover.
Established in 1973, Sparrows is one of the most well-known and trusted names in the oil and gas industry. Providing oilfield engineering services, the company specialises in offshore lifting, crane engineering and services, mechanical handling, pipe and cable lay systems, fluid power engineering, equipment rentals and competence training.

 

Press Release, August 12, 2013

 

Share this article

Follow Offshore Energy Today

Events>

<< Feb 2020 >>
MTWTFSS
27 28 29 30 31 1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 1

Offshore Energy Exhibition and Conference (OEEC) 2020

Offshore Energy addresses the technical, operational and commercial challenges associated with future sector growth.

read more >

CERAWeek 2020

 Each year, CERA clients gathered for a few days in Houston…

read more >

Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) 2020

The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) showcases leading-edge technology for offshore drilling, exploration…

read more >

OWI APAC 2020

Over the two-day conference, 30 expert speakers will share exclusive insight to help drive well work efficiencies through innovative…

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply