The semi submersible drilling rig “Lone Star” has been delivered and handed over to their client Queiroz Galvão Perfuraçoes S.A. offshore Abu Dhabi on 13 October 2010.
The rig is the first out of a series of three semi submersible drilling rigs which the Company will supply to Brazilian clients. Delivery of the second and third rigs is progressing in line with previous announcements, i.e. the second rig is expected to be delivered later this year and the third rig in 2011.
The Dutch public company SBM Offshore N.V. is the holding company of a group of international, marine technology orientated companies. Its business is to serve on a global basis the offshore oil and gas industry by supplying engineered products, vessels and systems, and offshore oil and gas production services.
The product line comprises:
• Offshore import/export terminals for crude oil, refined products, LPG and LNG, mostly based on the single point mooring principle, Floating Production and/or Storage and Offloading systems (FSOs and FPSOs)
and other floating production facilities based on ship hulls, semi-submersibles and Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs);
• Offshore oil and gas production services through the leasing of integrated production and storage facilities owned and operated by the Company;
• Design, construction and supply of semi-submersible drilling platforms;
• Special designs and engineering services and delivery of specific hardware components for dynamically positioned drillships, semi-submersible drilling platforms, jack-up drilling platforms, jack-up platforms for civil construction, large capacity offshore cranes, elevating and lifting systems, crane vessels and other specialised work vessels;
• Offshore construction and installation contracting services.
Source:SBM Offshore , October 15, 2010;