Transocean, the world’s largest offshore drilling contractor, has announced that its shares will begin trading on SIX Swiss Exchange (SIX) under the symbol (RIGN).
Transocean’s shares also trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol (RIG).
“With our company headquarters located in Switzerland since late 2008, we believe the listing of Transocean’s shares on SIX is an excellent way to increase interest in Transocean among Swiss and European investors and re-affirm our presence as a Swiss company,” said Steven L Newman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Transocean.
For the year 2009, Transocean reported:
- Operating revenues of approximately US$11.6 billion
- Net income attributable to controlling interest of approximately US$3.2 billion, or $9.84 per diluted share
- Net cash provided by operating activities of approximately US$5.6 billion
- Total assets of approximately US$36.4 billion
- Total debt of approximately US$11.7 billion
Source: Transocean,April 21, 2010;