United closes Jamaica farm-in deal with Tullow

London-listed United Oil & Gas has completed its farm-in deal for interest in the Walton-Morant license offshore Jamaica with Tullow Oil. 

The deal for the transfer of the 20 per cent interest from Tullow to UOG was made in November 2017. The agreement was subject to approval from the Petroleum Corporation of Jamaica (PCJ).

United confirmed on Friday that the PCJ has granted its approval to the assignment, assumption of obligations and transfer of the 20 per cent interest in the Walton-Morant license to the company with the effect from March 1.

Accordingly, Tullow, the operator, has now 80 per cent interest and UOG has the remaining 20 per cent interest in the Walton-Morant License.

In addition, United said that Tullow intends to start acquiring the 3D seismic focusing on the high-graded Colibri lead in March 2018.

Tullow entered the Walton-Morant license, which covers an area in excess of 32,000km2, in October 2014. In addition to securing a portfolio of legacy 2D seismic data, Tullow also acquired a further 3,650 km of 2D seismic in 2016 and 2017.

Share this article

Follow Offshore Energy Today

Events>

<< Jul 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31 1 2 3 4

Uganda International Oil and Gas Summit 2019

Uganda International Oil & Gas Summit will once again examine the industry’s developments…

read more >

8th OIL & GAS AFRICA 2019 CONFERENCE

OIL & GAS AFRICA is one of the most prime regional & international Oil and Gas conferences in East Africa…

read more >

Gas Indonesia Summit 2019

Gas Indonesia Summit & Exhibition is returning for the fourth edition in Jakarta…

read more >

Shanghai Int Petrochemical and Offshore Oil & Gas and Chemical Industry Technology and Equipment Exhibition 2019

cippe Shanghai has attracts both…

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply