Wellesley gears up for North Sea drilling campaign

Norwegian oil and gas explorer Wellesley Petroleum is about to begin its offshore drilling campaign in the North Sea off Norway. 

The two wells planned as part of the drilling campaign are located in PL 925, approximately 40 km north of the Troll field.

Wellesley Petroleum is the operator of the license with a 90% interest and Concedo is its partner with the remaining 10% interest.

Announcing that the drilling campaign is about to start, Concedo said on Wednesday that the first well, Kallåsen 35/12-6S, and the second well, Serin 35/12-7, both have contingent sidetracks and well tests depending on the well results.

The wells will be drilled back-to-back with the Transocean Arctic semi-submersible rig, which is about to arrive at the location shortly. The spud is expected early next week.

Wellesley hired the Transocean-owned drilling rig for its North Sea campaign in January 2018. In addition to these two exploration wells, there are also plans for a further exploration well to test an extension of the currently stranded Grosbeak discovery.

The oil company obtained a safety consent from Norway’s Petroleum Safety Authority to drill the Kallåsen well with the Transocean rig as well as a drilling permit from the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate in April 2018.

Offshore Energy Today Staff

Share this article

Follow Offshore Energy Today

Events>

<< Jul 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31 1 2 3 4

Offshore Energy Exhibition and Conference (OEEC)

The three-day event features an exhibition where over 600 companies will showcase their products and services…

read more >

Argentina Oil and Gas Expo 2019

The Argentine Oil and Gas Institute (IAPG) organizes the Argentina Oil & Gas Expo bringing together the most…

read more >

OEE Conference & Exhibition 2019

OEE2019 is organised by Ocean Energy Europe, the industry association representing ocean energy in Europe.

read more >

Africa Oil & Power 2019

The Africa Oil & Power conference will bring together an elite class of ministers and senior-level government…

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply