Wellesley hires Transocean rig for North Sea job

Norway-based Wellesley Petroleum has made an agreement with Transocean for a three-firm slot contract with the Transocean Arctic semi-submersible rig. 

The contract is scheduled to start on June 1, 2018. The Transocean Arctic will be employed on an exploration drilling campaign in the Måløy Slope area of the Northern North Sea (blocks 35/11 & 12) offshore Norway, Wellesley said on Friday.

The rig will drill two exploration wells in the Wellesley-operated PL925 license. Wellesley has a 90% interest in the license and Concedo ASA as its partner holds the remaining 10% interest. Plans are also being made to drill a further exploration well to test an extension of the currently stranded Grosbeak Discovery.

Chris Elliott, CEO of the Wellesley Group of companies, commented: “We are pleased to have secured a warm drilling rig to execute our campaign, which will be conducted in an area we believe to be highly prospective. Well planning is progressing and we are working with our JV partners and the relevant authorities to deliver a robust campaign plan.”

Share this article

Follow Offshore Energy Today

Events>

<< Apr 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 1 2 3 4 5

GeoConvention 2019

GeoConvention offers some of the best local and international insights to efficient energy exploration…

read more >

16th MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL OIL AND GAS EXHIBITION

The Moscow International Oil & Gas Exhibition display products like oil and gas products, oil and gas services…

read more >

Erbil International Oil & Gas Exhibition 2019

The event will be held at the Erbil International Fair Ground which is one of the largest energy related events in Iraq…

read more >

THE 24 th IRAN INTERNATIONAL OIL , GAS , REFINING & PETROCHEMICAL EXHIBITION

The second largest OPEC producer, Iran sits atop 11 percent of oil and 18 percent of gas…

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of OffshoreEnergyToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply